Home Indiana Agriculture News May Beef Exports Shatter Record While Pork Exports Go Lower May Beef Exports Shatter Record While Pork Exports Go Lower U.S. beef exports set a new value record in May, while also significantly increasing year-over-year in volume. That’s according to new data released by the USDA and compiled by the U.S. Meat Export Federation. May pork exports were lower, although January-May totals for U.S. pork remained ahead of last year’s pace. Beef export volume was 117,871 metric tons in May, the sixth-largest on record, and valued at a remarkable $722.1 million. That total surpassed the previous monthly high (March 2018) by a healthy four percent and was 24 percent higher than a year ago. Exports accounted for 13.6 percent of total beef production in May, up 13 percent from last year.Following a record performance in April, pork exports were down in May to 217,209 metric tons, two percent lower than last year and reflecting smaller exports of variety meats. Export value was $562.5 million, down 3.5 percent. Japan and South Korea continue to lead the way in U.S. beef export growth. In May, export volume shipped to Japan totaled 30,117 metric tons, 19 percent higher than a year ago and valued at $196.8 million, up 22 percent over last year.Source: NAFB News Service SHARE Previous articleIndiana Broadband Map UpdatedNext articleTrump: No Hurry to Settle NAFTA Hoosier Ag Today By Hoosier Ag Today – Jul 10, 2018 Facebook Twitter Facebook Twitter SHARE
Attached is a link to a video of Ellis Park owner that was produced by “Founders Series Corp” that honors people who have achieved things of excellence during their professional career. Please take time and listen to what Mr. Geary has achieved by working hard and staying focus.FacebookTwitterCopy LinkEmail
Farmers’ outfits have urged the Central government to stay out of the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) agreement, which, they say, will be detrimental to farmers and will augment agrarian distress further in the country.To register their protest against RCEP, the Bhartiya Kisan Union (Lakhowal) has decided to submit memorandums at all district headquarters across Punjab on Thursday. “We will submit a letter-cum-memorandum addressed to Union Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal through all Deputy Commissioners in the State. We want India not to sign the RCEP. In any further movement of negotiations, India should ensure that agriculture is kept out of the pact,” said Harinder Singh, general secretary, BKU.‘No benefits’ Mr. Singh said there are no apparent benefits for Indian farmers; instead, they will be adversely affected by dumping of heavily subsidised products, with nearly no tariff barriers possible and no protection mechanism either.“The IPR [intellectual property rights] clauses are likely to seriously impinge on farmers’ seed freedom. We are particularly concerned about the dairy and plantation sector as RCEP poses threat to livelihoods that these sectors support. RCEP will be a disaster for Indian farmers,” he said.The RCEP seeks to establish a free trade zone encompassing India, China, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand and 10 ASEAN (Association of South-East Asian Nations) members. The final ministerial round will begin on November 1. The meeting of Heads of States to sign the pact is scheduled for November 4.Farmers in Punjab have been staging protests under the banner of Kisan Mazdoor Sangharsh Samiti (KMSS). “If the government goes ahead with this pact, we are ready to lay our lives. We won’t let this happen. This [RCEP] agreement is detrimental to the interest of farmers,” Sarwan Singh Pandher, the general secretary of the Punjab unit of KMSS, said.“There’s hardly any dependable mechanism of government procurement of crops on the minimum support price [MSP] in most parts of the country. There’s exploitation at the hands of commission agents [Arhtiyas], who most of the times buy the produce from farmers below MSP on one pretext or another. In such a scenario, if foreign produce starts coming to our markets then the condition of local farmers will only worsen,” he said.
Related Items:crash, final report, freeport, myles munroe Heavy rain flooding Grand Bahama homes, senior citizens call for Govt help Recommended for you Freeport Man Killed in ‘The Ghetto’, Homicide Count Now At 100 Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 15 Feb 2015 – Pilot error is what caused Dr. Myles Munroe plane to crash in Freeport in November. A report released yesterday reveals that the two-pilot crew made a maneuver without having full and clear view of the runway in Grand Bahama and that caused a 3-second mid-air explosion which led to the deaths of all on board. The Learjet the men were piloting with Dr. Munroe, his wife Ruth, a young family of three, a bi-lingual American minister, and his brother-in-law and Senior Vice President of Bahamas Faith Ministries: Dr. Richard Pinder on board was driven right into a crane on the dark stormy afternoon. The final report issued by the Bahamas Civil Aviation Authority said: The right outboard wing, right landing gear and right wing fuel tank separated from the aircraft on impact. This resulted in the aircraft travelling out of control, some 1,578 feet (526 yards), before crashing inverted into a pile of garbage and other debris in the City Services Garbage and Metal Recycling Plant adjacent to the Grand Bahama Shipyard. Both crew members and seven passengers were fatally injured. No persons on the ground were injured.” The report comes three and a half months after the crash. The Aircraft Accident Investigation and Prevention Unit or AAIPU has determined that the probable cause of this accident was, and I quote: The poor decision making of the crew in initiating and continuing a descent in IMC below the authorized altitude, without visual contact with the runway environment. Bahamas Govt bids to buy Lucayan Strip resorts, PM Minnis tours site
Tourism Minister says protect TCIs reputation from crime Related Items:#magneticmedianews, #PremieronTCICrime, #StopCrimeTCI Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppTurks and Caicos, March 13, 2017 – Providenciales – The cloaking of people – family or friends – who are breaking the law has to end says the country’s leader. Premier Sharlene Robinson is a part of the chorus of leaders and residents who are calling on everyone to say something when they see something.The street knows, parents know said Premier Robinson in her words on crime. “The street is clear aware of who is doing it. Some parents are fully aware of who is doing it, and the truth is before you become a victim, before your family become a victim, say something. If you don’t want to be named, we have the crime stoppers hotline that you can use, you need to be a part of the solution.”Amazingly, the Crime Stoppers hotline, which takes tips anonymously and is answered in Miami, Florida only received four calls on tips from the Turks and Caicos Islands for all of 2016. Even hefty reward monies of $40,000 in the murder investigation of businessman, Robert Been Sr and the shooting of another businessman, Galmo Williams with the reward set at $30,000 did not to attract significant tips leading to arrests.#MagneticMediaNews #StopCrimeTCI #PremieronTCICrime Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppBahamas, May 9, 2017 – Nassau – An American man who says he was attacked by a group of people during a concert at Bahamas Junkanoo Carnival is alleging that he was “targeted and beat up” because he is gay and he plans to file a law suit.Adrian Brown, 24, who was born in Jamaica but lives in the United States, said he wants those involved to be charged with a hate crime. Brown vows to pursue the case when he returns to the US and also plans on suing for medical bills, pain and suffering.Adrian BrownMr. Brown, a Navy officer who came to the Bahamas to participate in Junkanoo Carnival, said he was dancing at the concert late Friday into early Saturday when he felt someone throw water on him.“So I was at the concert and there was a stoop and I stepped up on the stoop and I was dancing,” Mr. Brown accounted. “This was about 3am in the morning. So I am dancing and having a good time. I had on a cut out shirt and fitted pants and I felt when some water hit me. So I looked back and I got up off the stoop and I said to the guy, ‘Why did you hit me with the water,” and he said ‘Because you a batty man,’” Mr. Brown claimed.“Now I don’t think he knew that I am originally from Jamaica, so before anything could happen his girlfriend came up in my face and slapped me and then four people just jumped me,” he claimed. “Two girls and two guys. Then two Bahamian men jumped in and started helping me. There was no conversation, they just started fighting me. I am not a fighter, I came to the Bahamas to have fun, party and go back home. I don’t know these people from Adam and they do not know me and they were hitting me and beating me in my head with a rock. He just said ‘you are a batty man’ and they all jumped me. After the incident the other two guys that helped me held one of the guys until the police came.”Mr. Brown said he went to the police station and was taken to Princess Margaret Hospital a short time later but because of the long wait he went to Doctors Hospital where he was treated and discharged.#magneticmedianews#gaymanbeatenatcarnival Related Items:#magneticmedianews, #magneticmedianews #gaymanbeatenatcarnival
In their first match of 2019, Juventus continued their unbeaten run in the Italian Lega Serie A as they beat Bologna 2-0.And for Douglas Costa, this result means a lot, as they can focus on the start of the new year.“I’m delighted. It was important for us to play well in our first game back after the break,” the Brazilian told the Juventus’ official website.Maurizio Sarri satisfied despite Juventus’ draw at Fiorentina Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Maurizio Sarri was satisfied with Juventus’ performance on Saturday afternoon after finishing a tough game at Fiorentina 0-0.“It wasn’t an easy match and the pitch wasn’t in the best condition either but we stayed focused on the task and won in convincing fashion.”“It’s all about doing your bit for the team and that’s what I’m here for,” he commented.“Now we’ll prepare to face AC Milan in a hugely important match. The first piece of silverware is on the line and we must be fully focused.”
Jonathan Halvorson, November 7, 2018 San Diego Fire crews respond to two brush fires near Mission Trails Regional Park. Posted: November 7, 2018 SAN DIEGO (KUSI) San Diego fire crews say they responded to two spot fires around 1:45 p.m. along Jackson and Hemingway and Jackson and Tuxedo.Crews say brush was burning uphill and the fuel was light to medium. The incident commander requested two air tankers from CAL FIRE Ramona air base.Crews stopped forward progress of these fires shortly after 2 p.m. and they have a line around each fire. One fire damaged about 1 acre and the other damaged about a half acre in total.No damage to any structures and no injuries. The crews will be on scene for about 3 hours. Hand crews from CAL FIRE have been requested. Jonathan Halvorson Categories: Local San Diego News, Wildfires FacebookTwitter