Emery praises young Arsenal star Emile Smith Rowe

first_imgArsenal manager Unai Emery was full of praise for rising young star Emile Smith Rowe after his stunning goal in their 1-1 draw with Atletico Madrid on ThursdayThe 17-year-old started for the Gunners in Singapore and cancelled out Luciano Vietto’s opener by scoring a remarkable goal.While the International Champions Cup game ended in a penalty shoot-out defeat for Arsenal, Emery was left impressed by what he was from Smith Rowe after handing the youngster his first senior start for the club two days before his 18th birthday“He is 17 years old but he has grown up in the academy and we need to give the young players the opportunity to work with us every day and play matches like today,” said Emery, according to Sky Sports.“They are working hard in training to be involved with the first team.“Today I am very happy with his work on the pitch, but not only today. It’s every day. He’s starting today’s match because his performances have been good in every training session.”Jadon SanchoMerson believes Arsenal should sign Sancho Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho might be the perfect player to play for the Gunners, according to former England international Paul Merson.The Spaniard also gave a chance to other young players in Reiss Nelson, Jordi Osei-Tutu and Eddie Nketiah.“I think this is the moment for the young players to show quality like Emile did. Historically, Arsenal has worked with young players to give them the chance to work with the first team, for them to show their quality in each match,” continued Emery.“I think that every player played well in this game, against a big team.“For Smith Rowe to score is very good for him and the team. What’s important for us is that every young player is working very hard.”Next up for Arsenal is another pre-season match against Emery’s former employers Paris Saint-Germain on Saturday.last_img read more

Niko Kovac condemns criticism of Bayer Leverkusen coach

first_imgBayern Munich boss Niko Kovac defended Bayer Leverkusen counterpart Heiko Herrlich and insisted that it’s too early to judge a coach after just two gamesDie Werkself’s young charges often proved unpredictable and finished a lacklustre fifth in last season’s Bundesliga table.However, they did show signs of promise and were expected to build on that for the new league campaign.But Leverkusen have instead lost both of their opening games to Borussia Monchengladbach and Wolfsburg with the pressure mounting on Herrlich’s shoulders.In contrast, Bayern have continued their dominant form from last season by winning both of their opening Bundesliga fixtures in convincing fashion.Although Kovac will not be taking anything for granted ahead of Saturday’s home game against the struggling Leverkusen.“Leverkusen played very well and very successfully last year, now they have no points,” Kovac told reporters at his pre-match news conference on Sportsmax.Jadon SanchoMerson believes Arsenal should sign Sancho Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho might be the perfect player to play for the Gunners, according to former England international Paul Merson.“But they could have gotten six points. We won’t be fooled, we’ll expect a tough fight. That the criticism is so strong, I am surprised and disappointed.“I also do not think it’s appropriate for my coaches to get so excited after two games, so we should try to be objective and professional.“It’s an impossibility to question a coach after two games.”German defender Joshua Kimmich impressed during the international break and could provide Kovac with the option of being used in the midfield.But the Croatian coach is not currently considering a complete conversion.“I talked to Joshua and told him he did well for the German national team, especially against France,” Kovac said.“We have a lot of players in midfield, the games we’ve played so far Joshua has done well, [so] there is no reason to put him in midfield, especially since we don’t have that many natural full-backs, but if we’re in trouble, we can always do that.”last_img read more

Son Heung Min warns rivals of Tottenhams resilience

first_imgA day after Tottenham’s challenging victory against Watford at Wembley, Son Heung Min explained why all of Spurs’ rivals should be afraid of them.The image of a shattered Son Heung Min after Tottenham Hotspur’s difficult win against Watford last Wednesday, is the clear representation of a squad that will never give up as long as there is still hope to fight for the title.Even if things are incredibly complicated for them right now as they remain 7 points behind leaders Liverpool, the South Korean forward wanted to send all his teammates a motivating message that could bring them up a bit during this difficult time for them.Let us not forget that the Spurs are currently going through a period without two of their major stars who are recovering from injuries, and they didn’t sign a single player during the winter transfer window.Actually, Tottenham Hotspur became the first ever Premier League club that didn’t buy players in two consecutive transfer windows and the fans are very disappointed with chairman Daniel Levy for this.But the players know that they can’t show any signs of weakness, Son Heung Min is the first one to send this hopeful message for the rest of the season and he reminded those angry fans that the players won’t give up despite the difficult times.Super Son! 🔥#COYS pic.twitter.com/EZg2Fzwahh— Tottenham Hotspur (@Spurs_MAS) January 31, 2019This new chapter for Tottenham Hotspur with no new players in their roster for a full season and a half, is arguably one of the biggest tests the club will have to go through and people are already thinking that they are as good as dead in the race to win the Premier League this season.But Son refuses to believe that, he actually thinks that this mental state of emergency that all the players are going through is something that makes them very dangerous for any other title contender in the league.Son is the other major star who was absent from the club due to his Asian Cup duties, but South Korea was eliminated from the tournament quite early and all Spurs fans took a massive breath of fresh air because they have their player back.Son was even good enough to help the Spurs cut a few points off the two clubs at the top of the table thanks to his contribution, he scored the first of two goals in the victory against Watford last Wednesday and he ended up completely exhausted after the match.The image of him on the ground with nothing left to give, is something that the fans will never forget. Son is literally giving his life for Tottenham Hotspur and he is becoming an idol to everybody who appreciates these details.✍❌ – A new record for @SpursOfficial!They become the first ever @premierleague club to make no signings for 2 successive transfer windows. 😳Harry Maguire, Manchester UnitedLiverpool legend Nicol slams Harry Maguire’s Man United form Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Steve Nicol believes Harry Maguire has made some “horrendous mistakes” recently, and has failed to find his best form since joining Manchester United.Follow #DeadlineDay live here: https://t.co/oeyf1H2APW pic.twitter.com/f8N5SCOzjG— Sky Sports Premier League (@SkySportsPL) January 31, 2019“I don’t care if people ignore Tottenham. I don’t care if people say Liverpool or Manchester City are going to win the title,” said Son via The Mirror.“We’re still there, we’re going for it, and we’ll see what’s going to happen at the end of the season.”“Maybe I’m boring, because I always answer the same way – of course they are both very good sides, like us. But we can only focus on ourselves, and in every single game winning three points is the most important thing.”“The season still has a long way to go and so many things can happen. You can’t even imagine what will happen – we just believe in our own game and we want to win as many points as possible.”“I feel like this all the time, after every single game, because I always try to do my best and I give everything.”“I’m only human, and I can’t play my best all the time, but my attitude is always to give my best to the team. If sometimes it doesn’t work, I try – this is my first thing to do in every game.”“When you go away, and the team goes out in a [Carabao Cup] semi-final and then the FA Cup, of course it hurts. It hurts like you can’t even imagine. So it was very important to win again, we showed good character.”Tottenham Hotspur’s Heung-Min Son, so emotionally, mentally and physically drained.Still picks himself up and on his return to the Spurs team provided the crucial equaliser to lead us on to one of our most important wins this season, he works so hard for this club.#THFC #COYS pic.twitter.com/xFPHqAKvqr— Ricky Sacks 🎙 (@RickSpur) January 30, 2019How long can Tottenham Hotspur last fighting for the trophies this season with no transfers? Please share your opinion in the comment section down below.last_img read more

American gay man beaten up at Junkanoo Carnival says he will sue

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppBahamas, May 9, 2017 – Nassau – An American man who says he was attacked by a group of people during a concert at Bahamas Junkanoo Carnival is alleging that he was “targeted and beat up” because he is gay and he plans to file a law suit.Adrian Brown, 24, who was born in Jamaica but lives in the United States, said he wants those involved to be charged with a hate crime.    Brown vows to pursue the case when he returns to the US and also plans on suing for medical bills, pain and suffering.Adrian BrownMr. Brown, a Navy officer who came to the Bahamas to participate in Junkanoo Carnival, said he was dancing at the concert late Friday into early Saturday when he felt someone throw water on him.“So I was at the concert and there was a stoop and I stepped up on the stoop and I was dancing,” Mr. Brown accounted.    “This was about 3am in the morning.   So I am dancing and having a good time. I had on a cut out shirt and fitted pants and I felt when some water hit me.   So I looked back and I got up off the stoop and I said to the guy, ‘Why did you hit me with the water,” and he said ‘Because you a batty man,’” Mr. Brown claimed.“Now I don’t think he knew that I am originally from Jamaica, so before anything could happen his girlfriend came up in my face and slapped me and then four people just jumped me,” he claimed.    “Two girls and two guys.   Then two Bahamian men jumped in and started helping me.   There was no conversation, they just started fighting me.   I am not a fighter, I came to the Bahamas to have fun, party and go back home.    I don’t know these people from Adam and they do not know me and they were hitting me and beating me in my head with a rock.    He just said ‘you are a batty man’ and they all jumped me.    After the incident the other two guys that helped me held one of the guys until the police came.”Mr. Brown said he went to the police station and was taken to Princess Margaret Hospital a short time later but because of the long wait he went to Doctors Hospital where he was treated and discharged.#magneticmedianews#gaymanbeatenatcarnival Related Items:#magneticmedianews, #magneticmedianews #gaymanbeatenatcarnivallast_img read more

Battle Brews Over Fund That Feeds Alaskans Yearly Oil Check

first_imgFacebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) — The joke has always been that Alaska is so wealthy, it pays its residents to live here. But those yearly checks have gotten smaller, and could undergo a massive change, as Alaska struggles to pay state troopers and fix roads amid years of low oil prices. “Right now, I’d rather have him just sit on his hands and don’t touch nothing until the next election is over,” Taylor said. With higher oil prices and improved production estimates from the prodigious North Slope, there is no need to discuss taxes now, said Senate President Pete Kelly, a Fairbanks Republican. The decision, first by Walker, then by lawmakers, to not follow the formula in law for dividend calculations the past two years has fueled anger and distrust among some Alaskans who fear a money grab, even as state leaders say they’re motivated by a desire to protect a dividend into the future. The permanent fund’s principal is protected in the state constitution; the checks aren’t. House leaders have flirted with the idea of changing that, though legislative legal adviser Doug Gardner said constitutionally guaranteeing a specific amount could improperly infringe upon legislative appropriation and gubernatorial veto powers. Any proposed constitutional change would need two-thirds backing in the House and Senate before going to voters. Under existing proposals, which vary in their draw rates, the split that could go to state government ranges from about two-thirds to three-fourths, with the rest to residents. The yearly checks initially would range from about $1,000 to $1,250. Major proposals for using the fund’s earnings involve changing how the checks are calculated, fueling a political debate expected to spill into this year’s gubernatorial and legislative races. The prospect isn’t sitting well with some. Don Fritz said he’s a longtime Alaska resident and in between jobs, though he said his wife says he’s retired. He said the dividend doesn’t belong in the constitution. At best, he said it should compete with other programs for funding. The checks are widely seen as an entitlement — discretionary money for many Alaskans but critical income for others, particularly lower-income residents living in high-cost rural communities where a gallon of milk can cost about $10. State Revenue Commissioner Sheldon Fisher noted even with a rosier price outlook, Alaska faces a deficit of about $2.3 billion. “To me, it’s one of many things that need to be prioritized,” such as public safety and education, he said. Life in Alaska is tough, said Taylor, whose home is intentionally small to reduce heating costs. He sees the slashed checks as taking money from children, including his 5-year-old son.center_img The House majority, composed largely of Democrats, and the Republican-led Senate are divided over what more should be done before permanently altering the dividend. “I don’t believe them,” said Jeff Taylor, a single dad in the tiny town of Anderson, about 75 miles (120 kilometers) southwest of Fairbanks. Walker, who has unsuccessfully pushed tax proposals to help fill the deficit, stands by his actions. He and legislative leaders have favored turning the permanent fund into an endowment, where a portion of earnings would be drawn based on an average of the fund’s market value. While many Alaskans support protecting the annual checks, they have urged a more equal split between their share and the government’s. Taylor blames Walker, an independent who cut dividends in 2016 to $1,022. Lawmakers agreed to a similarly reduced amount last year. Alaska received more than 156,000 square miles (404,000 square kilometers) of land as a “dowry” at statehood, with mineral rights belonging to the people, Tillion said. The checks are their share, he said. The choices are limited: With oil revenue unable to sustain the state budget, savings accounts drawn low, Republicans seeing new or higher taxes as unnecessary, and Democrats against deeper budget cuts, what’s left are the earnings from the state’s nest-egg. “I’m not willing to give them anything,” said Clem Tillion, a former state lawmaker and longtime fund defender who with others unsuccessfully sued over Walker’s halving of dividend checks in 2016. Now, with their options for filling the deficit dwindling, lawmakers may have no choice but to use Alaska Permanent Fund earnings to help pay the state’s bills. Over the years, the size of residents’ annual checks has varied based on the market’s performance, averaging about $1,145. They reached an all-time high of $2,072 in 2015 — totaling more than an extra $10,000 for a family of five — before state leaders started contemplating some use of fund earnings for government costs and Gov. Bill Walker limited the payout. Fund earnings, by one estimate, could total around $16 billion by the end of this fiscal year, though lawmakers are eyeing only a fraction of that. The Legislature is scheduled to end its session in mid-April but has run long in recent years. After oil started flowing from Alaska’s North Slope in the late 1970s, so did the checks, which eventually were paid with earnings from an oil-wealth fund that’s grown to about $65 billion through investments. Times were so good, the state in 1980 repealed its personal income tax, a decision that has been politically impossible to undo as the state grapples with a multibillion-dollar budget deficit.last_img read more

New Triton submarine in race to reach ocean bottom

center_img © 2010 PhysOrg.com (PhysOrg.com) — Step back to 1960 when Trieste, the first and only manned vessel, reached the deepest known part of the ocean called Challenger Deep in the Mariana Trench near Guam. No other vessel has ever managed to reach this depth of near 36,000 feet. In an announcement this week, Triton Submarines hopes to be the next to reach this great depth in a newly designed submersible. More information: www.race2innerspace.com/ Citation: New Triton submarine in race to reach ocean bottom (2011, April 27) retrieved 18 August 2019 from https://phys.org/news/2011-04-triton-submarine-ocean-bottom.html This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only.last_img read more

Woman murdered former husband suspected

first_imgA 25-year-old woman was found dead in her rented house in South Delhi’s Tughlakabad Extension on Friday. Police said the house was ransacked, but nothing valuable was missing.Rekha Bhardwaj lived in the two-bedroom house with her second husband Pradeep Kumar for the past one year. It was a second marriage for Pradeep as well, who works as a consultant with a private company in Haryana’s Faridabad district. Initial probe has pointed the needle of suspicion towards involvement of Rekha’s former husband.  Also Read – Company director arrested for swindling Rs 345 croreTheir neighbours told police about an argument Rekha had with somebody at her house for almost an hour on Friday afternoon. “It was a few hours before Rekha’s body was found by Pradeep,” said a police officer. The FIR was registered on the complaint of Pradeep, who has been given a clean chit. In his statement, Pradeep claims to have left home for office at around 10.30 am on Friday. “Pradeep reached his office in Faridabad at around 11.15 am. During the lunch break, he called Rekha on her mobile number, but it went unanswered,” the officer added. Pradeep did not take it seriously as he thought that Rekha must be busy with household work. Later in the afternoon, Pradeep made four more calls, but Rekha did not respond.last_img read more